News for Kids...
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program is now at Allerton Public Library District. Children from birth to 5 years can register anytime to read for this open-ended program. Sign up at the Library for this national program to promote Early Childhood Literacy and receive the reading log for their first 100 Books.
Plan ahead for school holidays and stop into our new Kids Area the next time you're at the Library. Check out books, audiobooks or DVDs to keep busy over the holidays.
For More Information or to Check for Cancellations use the ONLINE CALENDAR
Weekly: (unless otherwise noted)
Big Kids Storytime - Mon. 3:45pm (K - 2nd Grade)
Laptime - Wed. 9:15am (birth to 18mo) siblings welcome
Storytime - Thurs. 10:30am (18mo to 5yrs) siblings welcome
- Valentine Chocolate Making on Feb. 11 @ 10am. Kids of all ages can create Valentine treats for someone special. Please register for this event at 217-762-4676 or email@example.com
- Explorers Science Club Spring Session begins Tuesday, Feb. 21 from 4-5pm. This program for 3rd through 5th Graders is held every Tuesday from Feb 21 to March 14 . Please register at (217) 762-4676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday Bash on Saturday, March 4 @ 10am. Come one, Come ALL!!! Come BIG, come small!! Celebrate reading with a Birthday Party in honor of Dr. Seuss and Read Across America. . Please register at (217) 762-4676 or email@example.com.
- Mad Hatter Tea Party on Saturday, April 1 @ 10:30am or 1:00pm. Reservations for tea will be available on March 15th.
Contact Cara at the library (217) 762-4676 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for an event.
**Just a reminder... Children who are in Kindergarten or younger, need an adult attendant for library events. Older children need a contact's information left with the event supervisor in case of emergencies. Thanks!
Booklists for Kids
- Juvenile Historical Fiction List (pdf)
- American Girl at Allerton Library List (pdf)
- Juvenile Graphic Novel Series List (pdf)
- Books on Bullying
- Books on Cancer and Kids
- Books on Autism/Asperger's/ADHD
- Books on Death and Dying
- Books on Death of a Pet
- Books on Ethnicity and Race Relations
- ReadAlong Packs (audiobook + chapterbook sets)
- 2017 Monarch Award Master List (pdf)
- 2017 Bluestem Award Master List (pdf)