News for Kids...
Summer Reading 2017 is just around the corner. Be sure to take a look at the Library's Online Calendar for free children's programs throughout the summer.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program is now at Allerton Public Library District. Children from birth to 5 years can register anytime to read for this open-ended program. Sign up at the Library for this national program to promote Early Childhood Literacy and receive the reading log for their first 100 Books.
For More Information or to Check for Cancellations use the ONLINE CALENDAR
Weekly: (unless otherwise noted)
Big Kids Storytime - Mon. 3:45pm (K - 2nd Grade, ends April 10 and resumes in the Fall)
Laptime - Wed. 9:15am (birth to 18mo) siblings welcome
Storytime - Thurs. 10:30am (18mo to 5yrs) siblings welcome
- Design the 2017 Summer Reading Program Bookmark! Submit your entry from April 1st through 20th for a chance to win. Categories include Children, Teen and Adult. Download Contest Rules and Directions
- Get in the Garden! on May 20 @ 10am. Check back for details.
- Summer Reading Kick-Off Carnival. June 3, 10am - 1pm on the Library lawn. Free for all ages. Stop in to sign up for Summer Reading events and programs then enjoy the bounce houses, games and treats available at our Carnival.
Contact Cara at the library (217) 762-4676 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to register for an event.
**Just a reminder... Children who are in Kindergarten or younger, need an adult attendant for library events. Older children need a contact's information left with the event supervisor in case of emergencies. Thanks!
Booklists for Kids
- Juvenile Historical Fiction List (pdf)
- American Girl at Allerton Library List (pdf)
- Juvenile Graphic Novel Series List (pdf)
- Books on Bullying
- Books on Cancer and Kids
- Books on Autism/Asperger's/ADHD
- Books on Death and Dying
- Books on Death of a Pet
- Books on Ethnicity and Race Relations
- ReadAlong Packs (audiobook + chapterbook sets)
- 2017 Monarch Award Master List (pdf)
- 2017 Bluestem Award Master List (pdf)